Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

DATE BAR

This Date Bar recipe was passed down to me from my mother and I have many great memories of her making this. Mum never seemed to just make one though, she always made a few and to this day, I love the aroma of fresh Date Bar straight out of the oven. Spreading with butter whilst it is warm is truly a delight to the tastebuds.



                                                                DATE BAR


1 Cup Chopped Dates
1T Margarine
1 cup Boiling Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teasp. Bi-Carb Soda
1 1/2 cups S.R Flour


1. Cream margarine and sugar. Add dates. Pour water over mixture and
    sprinkle with soda. Stir in flour. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes.
    Serve with butter or custard.

1 comment:

  1. Yvonne this recipe was passed down from my mother..  I used to make 50 for stalls.

    ReplyDelete