Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

MY GIRLS' SCONES

This scone recipe is another that the girls made as part of Cooking at school so they were very keen to show me how well they can make scones. So all the credit for making these scones sits solely with my beautiful girls.I am so proud at the effort they put in making these, and as you can see from the photo they turned out very well. The irony however is that despite growing up watching my Mum make scones, I have never made them myself. It is on my list of things to make but as you can see, the girls beat me to it!!


2 cups S.R Flour
2 T Butter
1/4 teasp. Salt
1 cup Milk

                                    SCONES with Jam and Cream

1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius. Grease an oven tray.

2. Sift flour and salt together.

3. Rub butter in lightly with tips of fingers.

4. Pour nearly all the milk in at once, keeping a little for glazing.

5. Mix quickly into a soft dough.

6. Turn onto floured board; knead lightly and quickly.

7. Roll or press out to a round shape about 2cm thick. Cut out with scone 
    cutter then glaze with remainder of milk.

8. Cook for 10-15 mins, remove from oven then allow to cool on tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment