Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

KUGELHOPF CAKE...German Buttercake

This German Buttercake,was really simple to make and even easier to eat.The kids absolutely loved it despite it's simplicity and I must admit I felt in making this cake I was paying homage to my great-grandparents on my Father's side who were German. 
      
                                             KUGELHOPF CAKE
2 cups S.R Flour
1 cup Butter, melted
1 cup Sugar
6 Eggs
1 teasp. Vanilla Essence
Pinch of Salt


1. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and add melted butter and sugar.
    Cream well.


2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.


3. Add the vanilla essence and a pinch of salt to taste.


4. Grease and flour a fluted ring cake tin.


5. Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake in a moderate oven
   for approx. 1 1/2 hours (test with a skewer after 40 mins).


6. Turn cake onto a plate and dust with sifted icing sugar.


COOKING HINTS FROM VON:-


* I didn't have a fluted ring cake tin so I just improvised by using another
   tin I had, you may need to adjust the cooking times accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment