Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

SWEET POTATO and CORN SOUP

Oh my goodness, this soup is absolutely positively De-licious. This Sweet Potato and Corn Soup was yummy the night I made it and seemed to taste even better when I reheated it for my lunch the next day and the day after that.I doubled the recipe when I made it initially as I knew with this cold weather we have been having that we'd be needing a nice warm soup to help heat us up.


                                                   SWEET POTATO AND CORN SOUP




1 kg Sweet Potato
Cooking spray
1 teasp. Crushed Garlic
1 cup Onion, diced
1 teasp. Cumin
4 teasp. Vegetable Stock Powder
8 cups Water
2 T Honey
420g can Creamed Corn
Salt and Pepper, to taste


1. Peel sweet potato and cut into cubes. Coat a large, deep saucepan with 
   cooking spray then saute garlic and onion for 1 minute.


2. Add cumin, stock powder and the sweet potato. Mix for a further minute.


3. Add the water, honey and creamed corn and bring to the boil. Reduce heat 
    to simmer and cook for around 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then 
   puree in a food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan to reheat. Add 
   salt and  pepper to taste .

No comments:

Post a Comment