Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SLICE

There are many recipes out there for Chocolate Caramel Slice, but this recipe, passed down to me by my mother is by far the best I've tried.This recipe has great memories for me...I grew up with Mum making this for the family and now I make it as a treat for mine. I remember once when I first left home, buying one from a bakery....I was so disappointed by the taste that I didn't even finish it....and that is really hard to do when you're a fan of this slice. Just a warning though, it is very hard to stop at one piece......




                                      
                                     CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SLICE


BISCUIT BASE:-

  1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  1 cup S.R. Flour
  1 cup Coconut                     ...............> Combine and press into a slice tin. 
  125g margarine, melted                         Cook at 150 degrees celsius for
  1 teasp. vanilla                                         15 mins.


TOPPING:-


  1 tin Condensed Milk
  1 tin Margarine.                 .................> Heat together. Pour over cooked
  2 T Golden Syrup                                       base. Bake 10 mins. Cover with
                                                                  CHOCOLATE TOPPING.




CHOCOLATE TOPPING:-


75g copha, melted
1/2 cup Drinking Chocolate  ................>Combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment