Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Von Lehmann dives headfirst into the blogging world

Hi, My name is Von Lehmann...as a divorced mum of four studying full-time at Uni I have learnt how to provide tasty meals that the kids will actually eat on the tightest of shoestring budgets.Sick of many Mums' favourite budget standby, Spaghetti Bolognaise, I have made it my mission to experiment with as many recipes as possible to make mealtimes appetising for my children and to ensure that I will never again hear the words "Oh no, not that again". I want to share the recipes with other Mums and Dads who, like myself have to face the daily task of 'What's for Dinner??'

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Von. Didn't realize you were doing this. My 3 boys would love some of these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Von  loving your Blog and plan to cook a lot of your meals this week. 
    However I didn't get the "shoestring" price at the checkout. : Still ended up with a huge bill when I bought all the ingredients ( also bought other house hold items which i know would have added to the end total.)  wondering HOW you plan your weeks meals ahead, and what your weekly shop costs.   Thats the shoestring bit that I just cant master.  ANy tips ????
    Cheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheree, what I usually do is have a look at what meat and or ingredients I already have in my freezer then choose a recipe from there. I Whenever I go to the supermarket I try to always swing past the meat section and stock up on any meat that's on special or marked down. I have an all in 1 freezer which helps me stock up  on things when I see them. Keeping your pantry stocked with basics also helps keep costs down, getting a couple of extra tins of things like tomatoes, tuna or packets of pasta means when I go to make something I don't really have to buy too many ingredients. I also grow basic fresh herbs in plant pots on my back verandah like parsley, shallots and chives which really keeps costs down.

    ReplyDelete