Pages

Monday 16 January 2012

A new recipe coming...but first a quick tribute to the one who instilled in me a love of cooking!!

After a special request from an anonymous comment, strangely recognisable as coming from my mother I present my latest recipe, Impossible Quiche.This recipe was given to me by my mother so you may be wondering why she would be making a request for it in my comments.It is because Mum is on holidays at the moment with Dad & the girls in Coffs Harbour,and thus away from her beloved recipe book collection. I am not saying this to mock as I am genuinely in awe at the size of Mum's recipe book collection, it's massive...and Mum, you know I'm not materialistic but if there's but  one thing you could bequeath me(and I'm hoping, as much as I'd love them, that it doesn't happen for a VERY,VERY long time as I love you dearly and I love the relationship we have) ...well I'd love it to be your recipe books. 


For most people, going on holidays would be a chance to relax, put up your feet and try and do as little cooking as possible. Well I know for a fact that Mum is relaxing but as her request for the recipe shows she still is cooking for the family. Cooking for Mum is relaxation and the joy she gets out of cooking for others is something I've learnt from her and which I'm passing on down to my own children, though at this stage of their lives it is only my twin girls who are embracing the family tradition, but it's all good, each to their own. So I just want to say a little thank you to my Mum for all she has taught me, in and out of the kitchen of course which has contributed in many ways to the person I am today. Love you Mum xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Hey Mum it's Eliza this really is good start to your websites.
    KEEP IT UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete