Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

More about the Mini Quiches

I just wanted to illustrate how easy and versatile the Mini Quiche recipe from yesterday actually is.Last weekend I had a Christening to go to (with a lunch after for which I needed to take a plate), a friend asking if I could make her some of my 'delicious quiches', plus the next day I was making the long drive from Newcastle to Coffs Harbour (which is just under 5 hours depending on traffic).

3 events=1 simple solution. I multiplied the recipes by 4, made it in one big bowl.....made one HUGE batch of Mini Quiches and I was one very organised woman.I had some of those self-assemble rectangle boxes, lined the bottom with foil, cut a paper doily to fit to give it that old-world feel, wrapped the whole thing in cellophane, added some ribbon(which i must give credit here to my 12 year old daughter Eliza who has got the knack of curling ribbon pretty much down pat...whilst Mum is still figuring out how to hold the scissors properly). I filled 4 boxes with quiches, 2 went for the Christening lunch, 2 went to my friend who had asked for some and the remainder of the batch filled a Tupperware container that went in the esky to feed the kids and I on our road trip to Coffs Harbour. Along with our frozen bottles of water and a few other snacks we'd bought at the shops the day before our trip, making the Mini Quiches ensured there weren't any expensive food stops for this Mum......Who said you can't have a social life,give gifts to friends or have a holiday on a budget??

No comments:

Post a Comment