Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

WEEKENDER BISCUITS

Weekender biscuits are another recipe passed down from my Mother to me.
Having been raised by a Mum who made all her own biscuits, I have to admit that my tastebuds have really been spoilt, so much so that I really don't find packet biscuits tempting or tasty at all. For me, biscuit-making is such an experience of the senses, the smell of the dough as it cooks, permeating the whole house, the stomach growling in anticipation, the mouthwatering when you know they're about to come out of the oven. How could anyone compare this experience to simply opening a packet of store-bought biscuits??


                             
                                        WEEKENDER BISCUITS


125g Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
2/3 cup Sultanas
1 cup S.R Flour
2 cups Cornflakes, lightly crushed


1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beat well.
    Fold in sifted flour and sultanas. Mix well.


2. Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture into cornflakes, roll lightly. Place on lightly greased
   oven trays. Allow room for spreading. Bake in moderate oven for 20 mins.



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment