Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

LOVE FOOD??? But don't think you're sporty???

I found the following quote and it gave me a little 'food for thought', pardon the pun.


"Eating is really one of your indoor sports. You play 3 times a day and its
 well worth while to make the game as pleasant as possible"
                                                                                                  Dorothy Draper.


On reading this I thought, is that a great consolation for those that think they're
not the sporty type or what?? At last, a sport anyone can excel at. This quote got me thinking, reality is, we all have to eat so we should make cooking as enjoyable as possible. This is essentially my approach and philosophy towards cooking. We can look at it as a chore or we can approach it with enjoyment and laughter. Having a sense of humour is vital for any cook,especially for those cooking moments where its more Master Flop than MasterChef, and even the best of us have those times. So I challenge everyone who has the responsibility of cooking for themselves or others, to embrace this quote and turn the "Oh I can't be bothered cooking" into "What can I make next?"


     And if all else fails.......                          

No comments:

Post a Comment