Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CONDENSED MILK...Want to know how easy it is??

When I was given this recipe for condensed milk I was intrigued about how it was made as some our family's favourite sweet treats contain condensed milk as an ingredient.On making this recipe for the first time and  seeing how easy it is to make my own condensed milk I am determined to keep making my own.By shopping at Aldi I can buy 1 kg of milk powder for $5.99 making this a truly fantastic way to save money, especially if you regularly use condensed milk in your cooking.This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of condensed milk or just over 800g which is just over 2 tins of condensed milk when you're buying it so one batch pays for itself with plenty of milk powder left to make more batches. I am truly passionate about how much better food tastes when you make it yourself so am really excited to share this recipe with everyone, so why not give it a go??


                               
                                                                  CONDENSED MILK


1 3/4 Cups Sugar
1 cup Boiling Water
2 cups Full-Cream Instant Milk Powder


1. Dissolve sugar in water and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.


2. Stir in milk powder and combine well.


3. Store condensed milk in jars in the fridge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment