Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Chicken Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce

Chicken is such a  great part of our weekly meals and these meatballs are so easy to make and they taste great. What I tend to do is whenever I see Chicken Breasts or Chicken Tenderloins on special I grab a few kilograms then wrap them into individual 500g portions then keep them in the freezer. I actually do this with all kinds of meat and so is a great way to get the maximum value for your dollar. I then have a ready selection of meats in my freezer so when I need a particular quantity of meat, I have it there ready for me to start cooking.


                           CHICKEN MEATBALLS IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
    

500g chicken mince
¼ cup chopped parsley...plus extra to serve
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup seasoned flour
400g can diced tomato with basil AND garlic (or pasta sauce)
½ cup cream

250g pasta of choice.

     1. Combine mince, parsley and onion, then season to taste.
     
            2. Form into walnut-size balls and toss in seasoned flour. Shake off excess.


     3.   Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Cook meatballs for 3-4 mins turning, until 
         well browned. Drain on paper towel.

     4.  Add tomatoes to the same pan and season to taste.


     5. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. 


          6.  Return meatballs to pan with cream and simmer gently, stirring for 5-10 
        mins or until heated through.

      7.   Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, 
         following packet instructions.   Drain well. Toss with sauce. Serve topped 
         with extra parsley.

*TIP: a pinch of sugar can be added to the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment