Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

LEMON SELF-SAUCING PUDDING

This pudding is another Lehmann family tradition, a recipe passed down from my Mum, to me. Having lived at a few different houses that had lemon trees in the backyard, this recipe was a family regular when I was growing up. I usually make this recipe as it specifies in an oven dish but for something different and for special occasions I often like to make it in individual ramekins (adjusting the cooking times of course). Lemon Self-Saucing Pudding goes perfectly with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of cream and has a lovely light fluffy texture, accompanied by the tangy lemon sauce which is a lemon-lovers delight. Although I haven't personally tried it, I have it on my list of things to do, to substitute the lemons for limes for a modern twist to this old favorite.



                                                    LEMON SELF-SAUCING PUDDING


50g Butter
1 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup S.R Flour
3 Eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups Milk
grated rind and juice of 2 Lemons


1. Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolks, lemon juice and rind, flour and 
    milk.


2. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.Pour into oven dish, place dish in water
   and cook for 1 hour in moderate to slow oven.


COOKING HINTS FROM VON:-


* If using individual ramekins instead of an oven dish, reduce cooking time
   to 30 minutes.















                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment