Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

SICK OF FIGURING OUT WHAT'S FOR DINNER EVERY NIGHT??

                                     

You know what it's like, you get home from a busy day and either your partner, your kids or all of the above ask you that question that most women dread, "What's for dinner?"...Now, there are may ways to answer this question,you can:-
 (a) Scream "Go away I don't know and you'll be lucky to get anything!"
 (b) "Go ask your father", or if it's your other half, "Can you please cook?"
 (c) "We're having takeaway".

Now while all these are possible options and may solve the problem, they're a lot of stress and if you opt for takeaway it's going to cost you money and too many takeaways not only hurts your budget but is going to seriously hurt your health.
                                    
So what's the alternative??? Plain and simple the answer is PLANNING!!!
One day a week, sit down, work out what you're going to have for dinner for at least 4-5 times in the week which leaves you one night for takeaway if you want it and one or two for easy meals with whatever's in the fridge or freezer. I have been doing this regularly for a few months now and cooking 4 or 5 set meals gives you leftovers for other meals and a lot less stress in your life.
Now, when the kids ask me what's for dinner, I point them to my notepad where I have written, Monday night....Chicken Stroganoff, Tuesday...Spicy fish Pie etc.
                                      
I must admit, when I first heard that people actually plan what they're going to eat I thought why would you bother, but after actually getting in the habit of doing it I am not only saving a lot of money, but meal times are something I look forward to instead of dreading. I've got plenty of meal ideas on this blog so why not give it a go for a week or two and see just how easy it is to do.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment